The Meditation Association of Australia is an incorporated not-for-profit association registered in Victoria and also registered nationally with ASIC. It is managed by a voluntary Board of Directors.
The association is the peak body representing meditation teaching in Australia, including setting standards, registering teachers and promoting continuing professional development and ethical conduct. The association also advocates for meditation as an integral part of life, and supports members of the public who practice or want to learn meditation, and organisations wanting to incorporate meditation into their organisational culture.
Meditation as an integral part of life.
To develop, promote and support the teaching and practice of meditation.
Aims and objectives (Purposes)
To develop, promote and support the teaching and practice of meditation by pursuing the following aims and objectives:
- Meditation teaching:
- To define criteria for those wishing to be recognised and registered as meditation teachers or meditation teacher training organisations, including but not limited to, knowledge, skills, competencies, prerequisites, categories and scope of teaching, and
- To uphold professionalism and ethical standards, and to foster continuing professional development, networking and community amongst meditation teachers, and
- To act as the peak body for meditation teachers; to advocate for and represent their interests as a group.
- Meditation practice:
- To encourage uptake of, and foster development in, meditation by members of the general public, and
- To encourage organisations, including but not limited to businesses, companies, educational institutions and government, to incorporate meditation into organisational culture and policy, and
- To act as a public voice for the practice of meditation, including but not limited to the benefits of meditation and advocating for meditation as an integral part of life.