Looking for a stress-free career? Then consider becoming a meditation teacher.
If you enjoy working with others and deeply value the positive impact meditation has made on your own life, then perhaps the next step in deepening your practice is to train as a meditation teacher?
Meditation teachers make a difference in people’s lives. They are able to convey love and understanding to their students and share tools that will help them achieve a more peaceful, intelligent and loving life. This benefits the teacher, the student, the community and the world.
Depending on the style of meditation you prefer, you can train in one or all of Meditation Australia’s defined categories, being personal development, therapeutic or spiritual. These categories are based on the types of meditation being offered and they represent the broad spectrum of available meditation styles.
As a professionally qualified meditation teacher you will:
- Serve your community, family and friends
- Facilitate transformation
- Share skills that improve lives
- Teach people how to deal with negative emotions
- Offer support for ongoing meditation practice
- Learn how to successfully create and sustain meditation courses
- More effectively promote your classes
- Deepen your own practice and understanding of meditation
Your students will learn how to:
- Establish a meditation routine
- Think more positively
- Meditate effectively
- Understand the mind and emotions
- Recognize negative emotions
- Uplift the mind
- Stay calm
- Use a variety of meditative techniques
- Communicate more effectively
With many meditation teacher training options available, Meditation Australia endeavours to assist you in finding a training environment that is right for you. Meditation Australia sets the national curriculum guidelines for meditation teacher training courses. This standard sets an industry-recognised benchmark for the quality of teacher training courses and for registered meditation teachers. Schools that meet this standard can be identified with the ‘Registered Training Course’ logo. Graduates from these courses, who have also met the two-year prerequisites for personal practice, are assured streamlined entry to membership to the Association.
For more information about becoming a meditation teacher with a registered training course provider, please visit the Teacher Training Organisations page.
Teaching meditation is one of the greatest gifts you can offer to others. Make 2017 the year you transform your personal practice into an enjoyable career helping others.